Under the light of rules and regulations designed by the Government of Virginia, reckless driving is considered to be an offense of extreme illegitimacy. It is categorized as most dangerous of all other traffic violations. Act of reckless driving is defined as reckless, as it endangers the lives and properties of individuals around. Every individual found driving recklessly with a speed more than 20 miles per hour and approaching to 80 miles per hour is subjected to the charge of reckless driving.
Every individual found guilty of any of the following conditions falls under the category of reckless driving:
- In case if a driver is found driving rashly in a populated region;
- In case if a driver is found driving recklessly on a slope;
- In case if a driver is found driving with a speed more than 20 miles each hour;
- In case if a driver is found driving with a speed approaching to 80 miles each hour;
- In case if a driver is found driving rashly on a parking area;
- In case if a driver is found driving in front of a waiting a school bus;
- In case if a person is found driving vehicle with defective breaks;
- In case if a person is found guilty of intervening between two moving vehicles.
Every individual or group of people found guilty of reckless driving, fall under the category of Class 1Misdeemanor, on which strict penalties are imposed upon the accused. Under the Virginia Law Section 46.2-868 following penalties are imposed on the accused:
- A person found guilty of reckless driving is charged with a fine of up to $2500 at maximum;
- A person found guilty of reckless driving is sentenced with a jail of six months or maximum whole year;
- A person found guilty of reckless driving is convicted to Class 6 Felony;
- A person found guilty of reckless driving is charged with 6 demerit points on the driving record, where they stay for eleven sequential months; and
- Driving license if the accused is more likely to be suspended for a particular period of time span.
Traffic violations in actual are considered to be the matter of substantial illegitimacy, upon which severe penalties are imposed. Similarly, reckless driving is considered to be a great offense upon which severe penalties are charged, ultimately putting accused’s career and personal life prospects in great risk, therefore one must strive hard against this charge. In order to do so one has to claim in the court that even though he or she has committed the crime, everyone around were on safe side.
Anyhow, in order to do so one has to hire a legal attorney who can help you out in tackling such circumstances. In case of need you are advised to contact SRIS Law Group. We have specialized group of trial lawyers and two former prosecutors who can deal with such reckless driving charges efficiently. All what you have to do is consult any of our advocates, rest you leave on us, as your satisfaction and safety are our priority.