The law enforcement agencies and jurisdiction system of Chesterfield Virginia was formulated strict and complex traffic laws. Under this section, serious actions are taken by police department against the reckless driving. The driver found guilty of reckless driving will immediately be charged with Class 1 misdemeanor. Under such circumstances, it is highly recommended that you consult Reckless Driving Lawyer in Chesterfield Virginia and thereby let him represent your case in the traffic court.
Reckless driving is chiefly as the driver intentionally make violations by not following the traffic laws and codes under the section 46.2-852. These violations cover following aspects:
- Reckless driving exceeding the posted speed limit: 20mph on roads were mentioned and above 80mph on all roads or authorized speed limit.
- Unsafe changing of lanes and/or driving in the middle of two lanes
- Improper and unsafe turns on interchanges, intersections and crossings
- Automobile Racing
- Use of cell phones (particularly texting) while driving
- Obstruction of traffic signals and signs
Reckless Driving Chesterfield Virginia Penalty
As reckless driving increases the risk of traffic incidents and life threatening or to a greater extent fatal accidents. Therefore, the traffic police and law enforcing department continuously patrols the roads and the highways of Chesterfield Virginia. If a person is found associated and/or involved in convicting the traffic offenses particularly reckless driving will immediately be charged with class 1 misdemeanor. The penalty of class 1 misdemeanor are:
- Jail Imprisonment: The imprisonment in the state or county jail for as long as 6 months to maximum of 12 months. However, the jail sentence can greatly vary depending upon the severity of crime. Sometimes the imprisonment can be of 1 month and sometimes Reckless Driving Lawyer in Chesterfield Virginia successfully convinces the jury to charge a fine and not sentence jail.
- Fine: The police usually gives a traffic ticket to the reckless driver. The fine or the traffic ticket can be of as much as $2500.
- Demerit points in the driver’s license.
- License suspension: Reckless driving can lead to suspension of driver’s license and can cost the driver loss of driving opportunity in Chesterfield Virginia.
- Increase in the insurance premium of automobile.
Reckless Driving Lawyer in Chesterfield Virginia
The case of reckless driving is much more than just pay the ticket and leave. There are several serious consequences underlying the conviction of traffic offences particularly reckless driving. If you find yourself convicted with such penalties it will be advisable that you consult our Reckless Driving Lawyer in Chesterfield Virginia. Our firm has experience, reliable, well-trained defense attorney that are supplemented with professional and interpersonal skills. If charges are filed against you and case is presented in the traffic court, you can allow our defense attorney to represent you before the jury and our lawyers will provide a strong defense against your favor. Furthermore, our lawyers have developed deep understanding of the traffic laws and codes and have identified loopholes in them. This enables our Reckless Driving Lawyer in Chesterfield Virginia to drop the charges against you as well as clear your criminal record.